Thank you for registering for this event. You have been placed on a waitlist. Places are limited and priority will be given to local parents, We will advise you as soon as possible if there is a place in this course. Please keep the dates free so that if a place becomes available you will still be able to attend.
We encourage you to book a Free 20 Minute Consultation so we can discuss how you might get started. We also highly recommend the self paced online course Setting Limits and Building Cooperation. If you are new to Hand in Hand Parenting, for a good general introduction please see our resources and links for learning the hand in hand approach
What: Setting Limits Effectively
Who: For parents of children 6mo -12 years old. Parents from the school will have priority. You may be placed on a waitlist.
When: Five Wednesday mornings, 31/10, 7/11, 14/11, 21/11 and 28/11
9:15 a.m. – 11.30 a.m. Please plan to attend all three meetings, as each class builds on the last.
Where: Lakemba, NSW 2195.
Discounted Parenting Consultations. If you attend this workshop, you can book a Parenting Consultation, offered for participants at a 30% discount off the regular price. Please use the discount code “HIHWORKSHOP”.
I understand that childcare can be a real challenge! However, we generally do not have children with us in the room at any of my talks or workshops (except when the event is especially organised to be for the children). Children will be cared for by professional child-care workers, usually in a space separate from the adults, and they may not be able to see us.
We arrange things this way because we parents need a place where we can focus fully on getting support for ourselves, and if children are there, our focus often goes to them (as it should!). Plus, we need a space where we can talk about the highs and the lows of parenting, and in general, our children do not need to hear about that.
So please, explain the childcare arrangements to your children. Arrive early so that they can meet the carers before you leave for the class. You can leave to attend to your children if you need, and return when you can, but I encourage you not to bring your children into these workshops. If this is the first time you have left your children in an unfamiliar place with strangers, please contact me to discuss. In my experience, this will not be easy on your children, the childcare workers, or you. I would encourage you to see if there is someone familiar you can leave your children with, or if you can bring someone who can stay with your children on-site while you are at the workshop. Treat yourself to a short time where you don’t need to pay attention to them, and can get the support you need to go back to them and be the best parent you can be!
What to do next
Please contact us in a couple of days if you do not get an email confirming that we have received your registration and payment.
Please add our email address <madeleine”at”madeleinewinter”dot”com> to your contacts and check your spam boxes as our emails sometimes land there.
Setting Limits and Building Co-operation is an online, self-paced course offered through Hand in Hand Parenting (Palo Alto, USA). It is fantastic value for money and one of the best ways to get immediately useful help for your parenting – at a bargain price of $US39 ($AU55 approx. give or take small fluctuations in the exchange rate and any exchange fees).
THE COURSE COVERS:
- Common causes and triggers for off-track behaviour
- How children signal for help
- Three steps to setting effective limits
- Why conventional discipline methods don’t work for long
- Why a sense of connection is so vital to your child
- The importance of emotional support for yourself
You will also learn about:
- Creating a balance between “Yes” and “No”
- Building cooperation with the Generous Yes
- Building connection with a Warm, Attentive No
- How to set limits playfully
- How to handle your own emotional moments
- Understanding your child’s repeated need for limits
The course offers practical, parent-tested tools for how to respond to upsets and resolve difficulties. You get:
- A thorough introduction to the Hand in Hand Parenting approach to setting limits while strengthening your relationship with your child.
- Instant, unlimited access 24/7 for one year, to transformative reading materials, to access at your convenience.
- 15 instructional videos presented by the Founder of Hand in Hand Parenting (US), Patty Wipfler. Each video is about 15-20 min each for easy viewing and retention.
- 9 “Listening to Children” e-booklets (worth $AU33 – $US24 value alone)
WHY WAIT? GET STARTED ONLINE RIGHT AWAY
Free for reuse as long as you credit the author. See our copyright page for details
© 2018 by Madeleine Winter.