(Let them know that you want to join my next Call Group starting in the USA – Monday February 25/Australia – Tuesday Feb 26th 2019)
Get support for your parenting without leaving home. Learn about the underlying emotional needs which drive children off-track. Get parent-tested, practical tools that you can use in your family to solve problems and build connection.
What is the Starter Class and what does it cost?
When are Madeleine’s next Call Groups starting?
Want to get some help straight away?
What does the course cover?
What happens in an Online Starter Class?
What have parents said about Madeleine?
This is the foundation Hand in Hand course, offered through Hand in Hand Parenting (Palo Alto). It introduces all 6 Listening Tools, and providing you with support via weekly phone based conference calls over six weeks to discuss your learning and questions. Courses are delivered via online classroom. You will need high speed internet access.
Who: Fathers, mothers and other carers of children aged 0-12 y.
How: Online classroom and six weeks of conference call with a small group of dedicated parents. Once you have paid you will receive an invitation to the classroom.
When: Start the online component of the course anytime. At some point within a year of joining the classroom, you will need to join a six week call group. I have a Call Group coming up soon, and if you would like to know when my Groups are starting, please join my mailing list. Other Call Groups run by Hand in Hand Parenting Instructors are regularly scheduled at a range of times during the week, and you can join any Group that suits your schedule.
How long are the calls: Between 30 and 90 minutes, depending on the size of the group. Plan on 90 mins.
Cost: approx $AU481 ($US347)*
*This course is priced in $US, and $AU481 may be too much for you. PLEASE DON’T LET THE EFFECT OF THE EXCHANGE RATE GET IN YOUR WAY!! You may be eligible for a full or part scholarship. Hand in Hand Parenting are very generous in awarding scholarships, especially in light of the unfavourable exchange rate. It is good to follow this up soon, so that your application can be processed in time to join your chosen call group. You can apply for a scholarship here (please let them know, if you can, that you came via me!).
Get started now on the coursework, and join me for six Calls on these dates:
February – April 2019
USA: Mondays at 7:30p.m. Pacific from 2/25 – 4/01
AUSTRALIA: Tuesdays, with start time shifting due to time changes in the USA:
26/2 and 5/3 (Calls 1 & 2) – 2:30 p.m. AEDT
12/3 – 2/4 (Calls 3-6) – 1:30p.m AEDT
- Set effective limits for your children?
- Help your children learn?
- Heal your children’s fears?
- Deal with tantrums and crying?
- Build support for yourself?
We teach several Listening Tools that, used together and over time, will build closeness and co-operation, and help you build support for yourself in the complex job of parenting
- join a small group of parents supporting each other to be the best parents they can be;
- have immediate access to hours of wonderful, in-depth and well-structured video, broken into easily watchable segments, available for 6 months, to watch as many times as you want, at any time convenient to you;
- receive electronic copy of the “Listening to Children” 9 booklet set covering children’s emotions, and comprehensive course manual. You will find you refer back to these long after the course;
- participate in an online classroom where you can post discussions and have your questions answered;
- join 6 weeks of live, personalised weekly phone calls with a small group of parents, lasting up to 90 minutes, led by Madeleine Winter, a Sydney-based Certified Hand in Hand Instructor with over 25 years experience, or other instructors around the world, at times convenient to you.
“I attended a Parenting by Connection Starter Class for fathers, run by Madeleine. To keep it short, most parenting books on shelves are about controlling or correcting behaviours. But in this approach, they believe that there are 3 sides to parenting: connecting, correcting and support. I love what they have to say about connecting – about how to connect with your child through play. I have been doing “Special Time” and “Staylistening” with my daughter for a few months now, and I’ve found she has become a lot easier.” A father in Sydney, parent of 6 year old.
“It’s working! What you’ve suggested is actually helping me not only understand these unique little people but it seems to work well with my husband too! And for the first time in ages I’ve been enjoying parenting. This is a huge shift. Thank you.” Mother of 4 year old twins and 5 year old
“I really enjoyed having Madeleine as my instructor for the Hand In Hand Starter Class. She was willing to take time with each participant on the call and did so with an authentic, caring attitude. She offered suggestions to enhance the Hand In Hand techniques specific to each situation. I learned a lot about myself and my child in her class.” A parent taking the online Starter Class.